Monday, June 6, 2011

What it Means to Be the Girlfriend of a Farm Boy

I'm not sure how many of you know much about farming, but farming is very time consuming.  And I'm a girl who likes spending time with the boy and in the spring and fall tension can run high.  Spring is when planting season is, and fall is harvest time.  


Generally, they are finished with planting in May.  However, this year due to all the rain we have gotten... most of the farmers just got in the fields. Like a week ago. This is not good but not awful either.  It just means lots of grouchy people until the seed is in the ground.


My dad farms so I understand that you have to be patient during this time with people.  But its still not fun.  When I started going out with the boy, I knew he loved farming. I swore I would never go out with a farmer, and now for nearly 4 years I've been with one.


But I love him, so I guess it doesn't matter what his occupation is!



Happy Monday!
.A
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message if you'd like!