Sunday, January 1, 2012

Throw the confetti...

It's 2012!

I hope your 2012 is off to a great start. Last night to kick off New Years Eve, the boy and I went along with some friends to eat some yummy fried chicken and just visit.  After that we parted ways from those friends and went to our other friends to welcome in 2012.  Party hats on and noise blowers in hand, we had the music so loud you could barely hear each other talk.  But if you are a country girl with lots of country boy friends, you know that when some songs come on {such as "Red Solo Cup"} that you will be entertained by listening to those boys sing and I was.

If you have never heard "Red Solo Cup" enjoy :)

Today I woke up and went to church and then lunch with my family.  I am truly lucky to live near to most of my family members and that I get to see them often.  After that we all went to my grandparents and miraculously I was able to take a nap with twelve kids around the house; however, I don't know life to be any different than that :)

But in beginning a new year, lets talk about resolutions.  I'm sure nearly everyone makes them but who really keeps them all 365 days {well 366 this year}?  Well this year I came up with a resolution I think I can keep and will enjoy.  My resolution is to read {52} books this year that I enjoy.  This is one book a week and I'm pretty sure that is doable [is  that a word? it looks funny].  I found some good books {okay they were less than three bucks a piece} on Barnes and Noble and am going to order them tomorrow.  I have nonfiction, fiction, biographies, historical reads, and random other books in the cart {a variety to help me be more well rounded as my liberal arts degree is encouraging} but if there are any suggestions please share!      

Happy 2012.  The year I plan to enjoy the little things in life but not fuss over them, read more, and be a better blogger. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message if you'd like!