Well in the midwest the days have went from unusually warm and sunny weather to snow flurries and cloudy days. It always seems like this shifts my mood and it is not fun. At school we are having a "Dump the Plump" contest and I decided to join a team. I don't necessarily think I need to lose weight, but I would like to become a healthier person. I am guilty of eating out numerous times a week and snacking on Little Debbies and I drink pop like you would not imagine. So my goal is to exercise 5 days a week for 30 minutes and eat healthier. I know 30 minutes a day 5 days a week isn't very much but I never exercise. I just don't have time and when I do have time I've been on the go all day I just need a break. But the contest began Sunday and lasts for 10 weeks. I've done okay with exercising, hopefully by the end I can tell a difference in the fact that I walk farther in the same amount of time, etc. I've done really well at eating healthier. I've ate out once, but I ate a smaller portion and I drank water. This lady has had no pop since Saturday. And besides the eating out once I have ate all other meals at home... mainly salad. I really am not a fan of salad. And the Little Debbie's? They've been traded in for granola bars. I am getting ready to search the web for some healthy snacks and meals. I am the WORST cook in the world but need more of a variety than salad.
I found this saying on Pinterest and need to remember this. I don't need to just get fit for this contest, but because it will help me have a healthier life.
No comments:
Post a Comment
leave a message if you'd like!