Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's Harvest Time in the Country...

and everything is brown, red, and yellow.  The leaves are crunchy and the farmers are hogging up the road, but I wouldn't want it any other way.  


Today I went and rode in the combine (and was the awesome farmer girlfriend who made the boys cupcakes and brought them supper).  So what if the cookies were a little crunchy, at least the cupcakes had lots of icing :)  Last year I learned the lesson of when walking in the bean field wear real shoes, not flip flops.  So today I wore my cute rainboots and a taboggan.  My boyfriend laughed at me because it was seventy-seven degrees out and I was wearing a hat made for snow.  The story behind the hat is my dad found a great deal on these hats.  They were marked down to forty-nine cents a piece! My dad is a conservative farmer man but he was so thrilled about this find I came home to a bag with seven blue taboggans in it because he bought one for each member of our family.  He wants a family picture of us all wearing them.  Can you say dorky.  I got lots of strange looks as I was driving because I wore the hat in my car too.  It was funny.


I can't believe the weekend is almost over :( It always goes way to fast.  A few minutes ago I got the best e-mail a student can receive:


"Sorry for the inconvenience but we will not be having econ tomorrow or Tuesday"

Umm... hello... that is not an inconvenience for me! I jumped up and down like a little two year old getting a sucker.  I am one happy lady for no econ and an extra hour of sleep for two days in a row :)

Hope the end of your weekend is fabulous!
A
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message if you'd like!