I bought this little wooden quote block this summer in a cute little shop in Michigan. I simply loved the quote and how it connected with me when I read it and thought of the loved ones I've lost, but know are watching over me.
Today my great uncle passed away. He was in his 90's and ready to go, but that still doesn't make it easy. He fell down steps this week and was in the hospital. We didn't know the extent of his injuries (he wouldn't stay still for a CT scan on the first day and not sure why they hadn't tried again). I drove past the hospital for two days and on the third day I finally stopped. It pained me to know he spent time alone, it pained me to know he may not make it, and it pained me when I saw my grandpa (his brother) cry because he was laying in the hospital bed.
I had to go tell my grandpa his brother had passed away. That was hard and broke my heart. I tried holding it together.... but then I started crying.
He will be greatly missed and although I didn't go to visit as often as I should have one of my favorite pictures of all times is with him. I think he is the reason I have taken up fishing so much and I will never forget his summer trips to IN to turtle hunt before he moved up here permanently.
RIP Uncle Aaron. Forever in my heart and twinkling down on me from above.

No comments:
Post a Comment
leave a message if you'd like!