Saturday, September 29, 2012

Cupcake and Sprinkles

I've grown up on a farm my entire life, but I am not your typical farm girl.  In fact I've overheard my dad talking to someone once and he said something to the extent of "she's grown up on a farm her entire life, but couldn't tell you a thing about it."  Which for the most part is true.  However, the boy farms so the past 5 year's I've gotten a little more involved in farm life.  In fact today I rode in the semi and let me tell you I looked hot in my bright purple shirt with red soffe shorts that said "Lifeguard" on the behind and multi colored flower rain boots {which the boy asked why I was wearing rain boots when it wasn't muddy. Hello, rain boots are cute}.

Anyways, I have always wanted someone to name a puppy Cupcake or Sprinkles, but apparently those aren't "farm" dog names.  Well a local dairy farm has 4 new baby calves and they had a poll on Facebook to enter names and then vote.  I entered the names "Cupcake" and "Sprinkles" and ta-da they won!

I introduce to you....

Photo: #3, Vote for her name via the poll question on our page. The most popular name at noon Friday will be the name selected. These calves will join us this fall so come out and see them!
Cupcake

and

Photo: Calf # 1
Sprinkles

I must admit I was pretty excited to see that people actually voted for these names.  I think I will have to make a visit to the dairy to see these two cute little calves.  If you live or are visiting Indiana {best fly over state ever} let me know and you should check out this dairy farm!  They have so many fun and creative activities for kids and adults to learn about farm life and enjoy the fall weather.


  

1 comment:

  1. awww those are so cute :) My grandparents own a farm and they let us name the cows sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

leave a message if you'd like!