Monday, May 30, 2011

Thank you...

... to all that have served our country.
... those who have lost their life for me to be free.
... those who have a family member they are sharing with the country so that freedom may be free.

Today I saw a Kodak moment.  It made me want to tear up, park my car in the middle of Main Street, and run and give this man a hug and tell him thank you.  Our county courthouse had little flags in the lawn representing those who lost their life in our community to help us be free.  The man, who was probably in his sixties, was standing in uniform (crisp and wrinkle free... you could tell from a few yards away) looking at the flags.  You could tell he as pondering.  Thinking about about the lives lost, and I'm sure reflecting back to his time in the military.  I wish I had stopped to tell him thank you.  But I hope he knows how grateful this country is for him, as well as the other service men and women, and what they do for our country and each of us.

Thank you to all the men and women who have lost their life protecting our freedom and to those currently serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message if you'd like!